Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Updated reactions to the new Pew Report

Late last week I contacted Amanda Lenhart at PIALP to ask her about the decision to separate out Blogger & Blogspot and MT & TypePad in the new report on bloggers, which I commented on in passing a couple of weeks ago. We had a pretty good e-mail conversation and she was quite forthcoming about how decisions were made . My main concern about the separation was that it might be capturing some confusion amongst bloggers about exactly which tools they were using to blog (particularly among Blogger users). I suspected that it was an open-ended question. In fact, it was an open-ended question with a group of pre-coded responses, and it might be capturing some of that confusion, but as I thought about it more and more, does it really matter all that much?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home